Monday, November 16, 2009

Changing Books...

So I decided to change books halfway into NaNo WriMo...  Crazy I know...  Well here is the first bit of the book, the synopsis, the book cover, and banner (not in that order)~

~Cover~



~Banner~

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


~Synopsis~

Zuriel is faced with a decision... To remain in hiding or to fight back. The life she has always known was shattered by the evil Lord Sabra. Will she fight back and become a hero? If she does she will forever be remembered by her country as a warrior maid, assassin, and a hero...


~And here is the excerpt~



Prologue

Drip, Drip, Drip…  As the rain falls, a child is born.  This child has a destiny; she will save her people, and the way of life they have always known.  But no one knows that yet.  All they know is this gorgeous little bundle of joy.  Full of chaim (life) and full of happiness.  Bringing joy to everyone she meets.  Little do they know that she will be an assassin, a warrior maid, and a hero too.
Chapter 1

“Zuriel!  Where are you?  You need to come and get ready for the banquet!”, Nana, my elf nurse, calls.

“I am coming, Nana.  Just let me get down from this tree!’, I call down to her.

“Climbing trees again are we?  Just make sure your mother does not find you out.  She would have a fit!”, Nana tells me as I climb down.

“Oh, I will be all right.  Dad always sticks up for me anyways.”

“You may be right but you know how your mother can be”, Nana tells me with a worried look on her face, “Now lets go get ready for that banquet.”

* * * * * * *
Spread out on the table for the banquet are mounds of food.  Everyone (the guests) except for my mum, my dad, and I are seated at the table.  My family and I are of royal blood (my parents are king and queen) so we enter the dining room last and we enter in a ceremony type thingamabob.
Everyone is dressed in their best.  My mother is dressed in a red, floor length silk gown, is 5’8, has long black hair pinned up in a hair net, and is very graceful.  The Dress has square neck and laces down the front.  Sleeves are wide, tied on, and lined.  Skirt is full and opens in the front to reveal the  underskirt.  For a head dress she has a tight fitting cap with a long veil of tulle down her back.
My father, the dark, exotic, and happy King, is dressed in cream colored silk breeches, a royal purple silk shirt with gold stitching, and leather boots.  My father never really gets “dressed up”, unlike my mother who loves to get dressed up.  I’m like my father in that respect, and most other respects too.
I, the dark, exotic, blue eyed, maid have my longish dark brown, almost black, hair down in curls to just below my shoulders, and am dressed in a beautiful floor length light purple silk dress it accents my hight beautifully, I am 5’11.  It has a full skirt, low neckline, laces up in the front, with delicate lace at the throat, sleeves, and at the bottom of the skirt, the sleeves are wide with the tight arms of the undergarment peeping out, like my mother’s, I also have a small heart shaped pendant necklace.  Although my outfit is beautiful I dread having to wear it.  I much prefer boys clothes (also known as breeches).
I am pulled out of my reverie by the sound of trumpets.  My father and my mother walk out first.  Closely behind them I follow.  I know the routine well.  First we walk out,then we stop and wait for them to announce us.  Everyone is standing up and looking at you, it gets quite annoying!  Then you step down the stairs into the banquet hall and take your places.  Only then can everyone else sit down.
I go through the movements.  Now we can finally think about eating!  Woo Hoo!  We usually have 5 courses!  Plus we have to eat the food from all of the courses!  No wonder I get sick after each banquet.
This banquet is special.  It is in honor of fifteen years of my parents reigning over Elrad, the meaning of which is “The LORD rules”.  So that means this banquet will be longer than usual and with more courses.  Around eight - ten.  Fun!  Not!
My parents start to talk so I get ripped from my musings (like usual) by a question getting directed towards me.

“So Zuriel, how will you like being queen one day?”, my father’s right hand, Lord Sabra, asks me.

“I would like it alright,” I off handedly reply.

“Your Highness”, this was directed towards my father, “When can my son come to claim his bride?”, Lord Sabra asks my father.

“Zuriel should be ready within three or four months.  Would that suit your son?”, My father tells him.

At this point I get white as a sheet and I feel my stomach and heart leap into my throat.  You see I did not know I was “engaged” already.  I was hurt that my father had not told me.  Another thing that really upset me was that I knew the only reason Lord Sabra, “The Thorny Cactus” (Yes, that is what his name means), wanted me to marry his son is because he wanted to claim the throne for himself.  I had ears, and I am also able to hide really well.  I was raised by elves, dwarfs, centaurs, and talking animals you know.
All I remember from the rest of the banquet was having to eat a lot of food.  When I reached my room that night I threw myself over Nana and cried.  Nana asked what was wrong, so I told her.  She gathered me into her arms and cried herself.  But my always resourceful Nana was already thinking of a plan.


Hope you ADORE it!  I am really liking it so far!


1 comment:

Abigail said...

Oh, I love it, I already told you that. How many chapters do you have? I have 5 chapters, 23 pages, and 7,703 words so far.
Write Away and God Bless,
~Abby~

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."