Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Excerpt from my "Novel"

'Ello!  I'm LOVING NaNo WriMo right now!  It is soooooo fun!  Here is an excerpt from my book~


As I, Amalya Adael, step into the fog, I turn around for one last look.  The two story Ranch house seems to reach through the fog to wrap its arms around me to hold me close, the white paint glistens in the moonlight, and the red shutters whisper goodbye.  I am going to miss the old house.  It holds a lot of old memories, memories of my parents and childhood, memories of long bygone days, and memories of the happy family I shall never have again.
With tears in my eyes I turn towards the barn and slowly walk inside.  The empty stalls tell of their former days of glory, the white trim seems old and faded, and the old red paint chips off in my hand.
As the tears work their way down my face, I think of days gone by, stalls filled w/ horses, the petite and arrogant Arabians, the gorgeous multi-colored Pintos, and the huge, beautiful, and flashy Friesians.  My mom and dad used to sit on the tack trunks in front of the stalls to clean the tack; and tell me what my name, Amalya means; it means “The Work of God (Yeshua)”.  I’m glad they’re not alive to see the way the old red barn is now, and how the stalls former occupants have now all been sold except for a few choice mares and the stallions, which are well hidden so they will not be sold.
When news came about the car crash, I was in utter desolation.  I cried for days.  I wouldn’t eat and the only place I ever felt even the tiniest bit better was in the barn or in the pastures with the horses.
Seeing the green grass, huge rolling hills, and meticulous white fencing helped to soothe the hurts I felt and helped me to “make up” with Yeshua, God.
At 15 years of age it was hard to get over the loss of my parents...  I’m also hebrew, with long dark brown hair, a smile with perfect teeth, and brownish-blueish eyes, so some people tend to steer clear of me, because I look Hebrew and can fluently speak Hebrew.  I don’t know why everyone hates us, but they do...  That’s why my parents died.  My parents kept a Star of David sticker on the car and the killers saw it and ran them over the overpass.
When my parents died I was hurt inside and was pretty mad at Yeshua and I wondered why he would do this to me.  I would have these fits where I would yell and scream at him “Why, Yeshua?!  Why did you take my parents away from me?  Huh?!  Why, Yeshua?!  Why?!” and then bust out into tears.
For a while I went on like that and then I figured out that maybe Yahweh wanted to make me stronger through this ordeal.  So I started to read my Bible more and went to church again.  I read the book of Job and the four Gospels starting with book of Matthew, about Christ’s birth, his trials, his crucifixion, and his resurrection from four different perspectives.  It made me realize that my troubles aren’t as bad as I think they are.
It also helped me realize that although you may go through some rough patches you are always cradled in the hands of Yeshua and that nothing can happen to you without it being for the good of you.
The reason that all the horses had to be sold was because my parents had so many debts!  Everywhere I turned there was yet another bill.
I also don’t have any relatives so I am now a ward of the state.  I don’t want to go live in a foster home and sell all the horses.  So I devised a plan to run away and live off the land.  There was a cave I found not long before my parents died so I went and handpicked the 2 most well made mares from each breed and the stallions, I then hid them in this cave and “made” stalls for them so the stallions could only be in with the mares, and the others, if I wanted them to.
My own 4 personal horses were hidden behind the barn; they were my escape plan.  After I had finished saying goodbye and had made sure they (the state’s people) thought I was still in bed, I would make my getaway.
I went through the barn to where my “escape vehicles” were......


No comments:

A Good Poem...

When you run so fast to get somewhere
you miss half the fun of getting there
if you worry and hurry through your day
it's like an unopened gift
thrown away
Life is not a race
Do take is slower
hear the music
before the song is over."